1. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect two kinds of information related to you: (a) Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”); and (b) Non-Personally Identifiable Information (“Non-PII”).
- Personally Identifiable Information: PII includes any information that identifies you as a person. We collect your PII when you choose to register with us or when you choose to participate in an interactive feature of our Site such as using the Netotiate Services. You may provide your name and email address when registering with our Site or in connection with engaging in any transaction through our site, provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, shopping interests and preferences, etc.) or post a general comment and/or recommendation on our Site.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Non-PII is any information that does not identify you as a person including PII which has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-PII either separately or together with your PII as described above. We collect certain non-PII from you when you access our Site including IP addresses and information relating to your browser, operating system, ISP, price offerings made by you, the third party website from which your visit originated and how you use our Site such as the web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
2. How We Use & Share the Information Collected
PII and Non-PII is used to provide, or improve, our Site and Services to you and to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you and understand your needs, or is used in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may disclose PII and Non-PII to:
- our third party service providers who perform functions on our behalf in connection with the operation of the Site or Services e.g., providers who host and manage data, process credit card orders, etc;
- participating sponsors to a program or promotion you enter through our Site or Services;
- our subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies”) for operational, marketing and promotional purposes;
- co-promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships ;
- participating retailers where you consent at the time you submit PII to us when using the interactive features of our Site such as negotiations made with retailers, price offerings and reviews concerning our participating retailers; and
- our other users where you choose to publicly post reviews, comments or other information relating to products or services, communicate with other users via public forums (e.g., forums, message boards, bulletin boards, etc.).
In addition, we use non-PII to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities (see “Preference Based Advertising” below). We may use your non-PII by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others to produce research reports and other information and data about online shopping for participating retailers and other customers, as well as media and other interested parties.
3. Cookies & Preference Based Advertising
- Cookies and Web Beacons: We and the third parties we authorize automatically receive and store certain types of non-PII whenever you interact with us or use the Site or Service by using "cookies" and analogous technology. "Cookies" are small files that are placed on your computer or your internet browser memory to enable the owner of the cookie to recognize your browser and to provide convenience and other features to you. So, for example, our cookies may allow us to show you the past products you have searched for on our Site. It is important to note that the cookies that we use, or permit others to use, do not contain and are not tied to PII about you.
You may be able to direct your internet browser not to allow cookies and you can typically delete existing cookies from your computer at any time. Please note, however, that some elements of our Site and Service will not function properly or be available to you.
- Preference Based Advertising: We also work with and permit certain third parties, including advertising networks and website analysis firms, to place cookies on your computer/browser when you visit our Site. These third party cookies are used to gather non-PII about your activities on our Site and third party sites to serve you with advertisements while you are on third party sites (“Third-Party Ads”).
4. Sale of Business & Disclosure by Law
- We may disclose PII and Non-PII held by us : (a) to a prospective seller or actual seller of any business or assets we acquire; and/or (b) if all or any of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, PII and Non-PII may be one of the transferred assets.
- We may disclose and use any PII or non-PII if we are required to do so by law, including, without limitation with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Site, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Site’s users or the general public.
5. Security of Information
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We also use a secure server hosting location in the US, firewall protection, controlled access and encryption technology to protect your data. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your PII. In the unfortunate event that we will become aware that your personally identifiable information is compromised, we will make our best efforts to notify you by e-mail to the last e-mail address you have provided us as soon as feasible under the circumstances (delays in notification may occur while we take measures to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system, as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede a criminal investigation)
6. Your Options & Opt-outs
- If you have any questions or concerns about privacy at Netotiate, please contact us by clicking here
As neither our Site nor our Services are intended for use by children under 13, children under 13 may not submit any PII to us. Also, if you are under 18, you should use the Site and Services and submit information only with involvement of a parent or guardian.
8. Sole Statement